Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

getting started on NCAR computers

crowe1@unl_edu

I've had to give up trying to get CCSM3 to run on our linux cluster (for now, at least).
I've got an NCAR account with some GAUs and want to get started running CCSM3 there.
So, where do I go to grab the code and data. If I try the links from the web , it wants to
download everything to my local machine.

weiyu

If you are going to run on NCAR machine(bluesky, tempest, or blackforest), actually you do not need to download the data. The model can find the data automatically. You just need to transfer the source code.

On SCD machine, you can not access the released source code directly. It is better for you to put on your local machine first, and use sftp to fetch it.

Hope this helps.

Wei.