Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

gptl always pointing to gfortran

Dear all, I also have a problem with gptl building. Seems it always tries to find gfortran instead of ifort.
I have set the enviroment variable SFC and so on in config_machines.xml and config_compilers.xml. But I still got the error. Any hints how do I solve the problem? Thanks very much. I am using inter compiler and MACH is Tianhe2.

Attachments

• gptl.bldlog.200617-113103.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 5
  • config_compilers.txt
    40.5 KB · Views: 7
  • config_machines.txt
    105.2 KB · Views: 7

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
The compiler that you want to use should be first in the PATH environment variable.
The environment used by the model is not necessarily the environment you see in your shell,
but you can set your shell to have the model environment with:
source .env_mach_specific.sh (or .csh depending on your shell).

Then run mpicc --version and make sure it's the compiler you want. If it is not you should adjust your path so that it is.
You can also do module show intelcompiler/18.0.0
to see how it's updating your environment.

You should be able to safely ignore that message.

Sorry, it is me again. Seems the model still complains about some variable in seq_comm_mct.F90 (see attached file). Is it because of some flags in the Macro file?

Really appreciate your help

Attachments

• csm_share.bldlog.200617-230344.txt
    115.3 KB · Views: 4

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
DId you change the Makefile? You should have the following CPPDEFS in your build
-DNUM_COMP_INST_ATM=1 -DNUM_COMP_INST_LND=1 -DNUM_COMP_INST_ICE=1 -DNUM_COMP_INST_OCN=1 -DNUM_COMP_INST_ROF=1 -DNUM_COMP_INST_GLC=1 -DNUM_COMP_INST_WAV=1 -DNUM_COMP_INST_ESP=1 -DTIMING -DLINUX -DCESMCOUPLED
I don't see them there and I'm not sure why. They are set in script buildlib.csm_share

Thanks very much for the reply. I see they are defined here

multi_driver = case.get_value("MULTI_DRIVER")
multiinst_cppdefs += " -DNUM_COMP_INST_{}={}".format(comp, ninst_comp)

And my MULTI_DRIVER is FALSE.

In my makefile (as attached), if I set CPPDEFS := -DFORTRANUNDERSCORE -DCPRINTEL. The model does not see DNUM_COMP_INST_ROF and so on.
If I delete CPPDEFS, the compiling process stopped with error:

/BIGDATA1/nuist_xzhang_1/CESM/cime/src/share/util/shr_infnan_mod.F90.in(74): error #7407: Unresolved MODULE PROCEDURE specification name. [SHR_INFNAN_ISNAN_REAL]

Maybe I should check whether my source code are the latest version...

Attachments

• old_makefile.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 0