Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Half degree SSP2-4.5 land use file

brendanclark

Brendan Clark
Hello,

I need a half degree (360x720cru) SSP2-4.5 land use time series file. I have not been able to find one and have been trying to make my own on derecho and casper with ctsm5.1.dev157 without success.

On derecho I get: CSMDATA path not known for host derecho1. Set manually before calling mkmapdata.sh. E.g., bash: export CSMDATA=/path/to/csmdata

On casper I get: ./mkmapdata.sh: line 416: /glade/u/apps/dav/opt/lmod/8.1.7/lmod/8.1.7/init/bash: Permission denied

If anyone has had success creating surface data files on derecho or casper please let me know what I could do. It would also be just as helpful to send a path to a half degree SSP2-4.5 land use time series (2015-2100) file if anyone has one lying around.

Thanks,
Brendan

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I took a look around and couldn't find any datasets meeting your requirement. Unfortunately, we are unable to create surface datasets at the moment. mksurfdata_map doesn't work on casper or on derecho (as you've indicated) and there are no plans to port it to either of those machines. However, there is active work ongoing to port the new tool, mksurfdata_esmf, to derecho and/or casper. Not sure how soon it will be available but I think you can track progress from this issue: Derecho transition: Get CTSM5.2 mksurfdata_esmf tool working on Derecho, Casper, Izumi · Issue #2201 · ESCOMP/CTSM