Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

history compsets

khj

Parisa
Hi everyone
I have a general question about historical compsets. For example, how are these compsets different from other compsets? And in what cases can they be used? And is there a document where you can find more detailed descriptions of compsets? I want to prepare a temperature and precipitation atlas for 30 years from 1990 to 2021, but unfortunately I don't know what kind of compset is suitable.
I would be grateful if you guided me through this.
Best regards

khj

Parisa
Thank you very much for your answer.
I apologize for my many questions. Running the cesm model with history compset like FHIST means that we use history forcings? I want to know that the whole run of the cesm model is completely different from a model like wrf? We simulate or predict with the wrf model, is the same with the cesm model?