Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

how to calculate the river flow

Since I can't run CLM3.5 on my linux OS by jobscrip run-pc.csh, I add #define RTM into preproc.h, then make. spin the clm about 3oo years, it is successful .the history files include QCHANR (RTM river flow) and QCHOCNR (RTM river discharge into ocean). Now I want to Calculate the monthly river flow of yellow river in China. I can't understand how can I get the flow using the QCHANR or QCHOCNR. Can you give me any sugestions or any documents on this. thank you very much!

slevis

Not sure I understand the question...

You say you have QCHANR (RTM river flow) in your history files. But you say that you don't know how to get river flow for a certain river. Do you mean that you don't know how to identify the river of interest? Unfortunately, we do not have documentation on that, and I do not have a suggestion.

Sam Levis
CLM Science Laison

sorry, maybe I didn't express my purpose clearly. I mean I get the QCHANR and QCHOCNR, but I want to locate the location of river mouths and get the flow of the river month. I have the observed flow of month of the river, so I want to compare the observed flow with the modeled flow.Can you tell me how can I get the river month's flow ,or how to locate the month and get the flow there. any documents or references? thank you very much.