Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

HOW TO FIXED ONE OR SOME EMISSION (NOT ALL)?

XinhaoSuo

Xinhao Suo
I haven't started yet, but my plan is to fix one or some emissions substances and keep the others at normal levels, however the current fixation seems to fix all emissions?
My idea is to change the following lines of code:
srf_emis_fixed_ymd=18500101
srf_emis_type='FIXED'

But it seems to fix all the emissions.if i want to fix the emission of methane,how can i do?
May modified the srf_emis_specifier or Create a data set of methane emission that stays the same as it was in 1850 while other emission still changes?

Thanks!!

rrbuchholz

Rebecca Buchholz
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
There is not an internal option in CESM to set one of the emission type to constant and have the other emissions vary year to year. You will need to create repeated emissions files that have the same emissions for different years.

Note that methane is prescribed in CAM-chem, not emitted.

XinhaoSuo

Xinhao Suo
There is not an internal option in CESM to set one of the emission type to constant and have the other emissions vary year to year. You will need to create repeated emissions files that have the same emissions for different years.

Thanks!!!

CaliFornia

CF

Hi dear Rebecca. I am trying to figure out if I can add CH4 emissions to the model, instead of using the prescribed CH4 in fixed lower boundary conditions (flbc_file).

I removed CH4 from the floc_list but error appears when building the model. Do you have any ideas how to make it happen? Thank you.

CaliFornia

CF
I haven't started yet, but my plan is to fix one or some emissions substances and keep the others at normal levels, however the current fixation seems to fix all emissions?
My idea is to change the following lines of code:
srf_emis_fixed_ymd=18500101
srf_emis_type='FIXED'

But it seems to fix all the emissions.if i want to fix the emission of methane,how can i do?
May modified the srf_emis_specifier or Create a data set of methane emission that stays the same as it was in 1850 while other emission still changes?

Thanks!!
Hi Xinhao. I have a similar but opposite issue to yours. I would like to replace the prescribed methane with some real methane emission data. To do that, I removed CH4 from the fixed lower boundary conditions (flbc_list) and added it to srf_emis_specifier. But error appears when building the model saying CH4 is missing. Do you have any ideas how to make it happen? Thank you.