Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

how to output melt pond fraction in Icepack

chenshzh12

Shengzhe Chen
Hi there,
I want to get the melt pond fraction (apnd) from the 1-d icepack model, which is not described in the icedrv_diagnostics.F90. Can anyone give some guidance on what and how should I modify the codes to get melt pond fraction output. I was guessing they might be icedrv_diagnostics.F90, icedrv_state.F90, or icedrv_flux.F90? Many thanks in advance.
Best,
Shengzhe

dbailey

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I need to produce an FAQ on adding output for Icepack. Basically, you need to edit icedrv_diagnostics.F90. You should follow the example of Tsfc. You will need to add the tracer index for the array "trcr": nt_apnd and maybe also nt_hpnd for the pond depth. You might also consider apeff_ai as this is the actual pond fraction used for the radiation.

CST1996

Shutao Cao
I need to produce an FAQ on adding output for Icepack. Basically, you need to edit icedrv_diagnostics.F90. You should follow the example of Tsfc. You will need to add the tracer index for the array "trcr": nt_apnd and maybe also nt_hpnd for the pond depth. You might also consider apeff_ai as this is the actual pond fraction used for the radiation.
Hi, dbailey. Where can I find the FAQ on adding output for Icepack. That's also what I need. Thanks.
Best wishes.

dbailey

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I have not completed the FAQ yet. Work in progress. However, you can look at icedrv_diagnostics.F90 to see how this is done for other variables.

Alfred

I have not completed the FAQ yet. Work in progress. However, you can look at icedrv_diagnostics.F90 to see how this is done for other variables.
Hi, dbailey. If the FAQ complete and where can I find the FAQ. That's also what I need. Thanks. Best wishes.