Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

How to start with lower soil moisture

jinmuluo

Jinmu Luo
Hi,

I'm using the compset "I2000Clm51BgcCrop" and I'm wondering where I can change the initial condition for the soil moisture (etc reduce the water to half).

Best,

Jinmu Luo

slevis

Your initial/restart file should contain the variables H2OSOI_LIQ and H2OSOI_ICE and the model should read those when initializing. Brainstorming very quickly, I think that you could modify the variables in the file, or you could modify the variables as soon as they get read by the model. You may find it useful to look through the variables in your initial/restart file in case you find others that you want to change as well.

jinmuluo

Jinmu Luo
Your initial/restart file should contain the variables H2OSOI_LIQ and H2OSOI_ICE and the model should read those when initializing. Brainstorming very quickly, I think that you could modify the variables in the file, or you could modify the variables as soon as they get read by the model. You may find it useful to look through the variables in your initial/restart file in case you find others that you want to change as well.
Hi sam,

Thank you for your suggestion. Could you tell me where I can find the initial file for my case, Is this initial file public to all users or specific to my case?

JInmu

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
It is the initial file specific to your case. The file specified by "finidat" in your lnd_in file.

jinmuluo

Jinmu Luo
Yes, you would redefine the location in your user_nl_clm.
Hi,

I used ncap2 command to change the variable values, but after that, CLM didn't recognize this file and asked me to turn on the transient run.
Not sure what happened to that, do you have any idea about this error?
my log file is here.
/glade/derecho/scratch/jinmuluo/webster123kgN/run/lnd.log.3714657.desched1.240305-151456