Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Icepack test output

mansi

Mansi Joshi
Hello,
I have followed the tutorial from https://readthedocs.org/projects/cice-consortium-icepack/downloads/pdf/latest/ to try and test the icepack on my laptop.
I changed the npt = 43800 in the icepack_in file to get the 5 years output as shown in Icepack 1.0.0 Sample Output.
However, the average ice thickness and area fraction is a bit different from the one on wiki. I have been trying to figure out the reason, and I also came across a post in which there was a suggestion about pseudo-advection. But I could not find the details on it in document. I am using the icepack version 1.4.
Is there something I did wrong?
I have attached the average ice thickness of the test output.
Thank you.

Attachments

• ice_diag.full_ITD_avg_ice_thickness.png
    ice_diag.full_ITD_avg_ice_thickness.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 2

dbailey

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I'm not sure that the plots on the wiki are up to date. In particular we added a new method for sea ice boundary conditions in Icepack. This does change answers. We should be updating those plots. Glad you were able to get it up and running!