Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

initialisation fail

shendepp

Parag
Hi,

I am trying to run a bay of bengal model with the vertical structure from files "layer_coord.nc" and "hycom1_800_75m.nc". The initial condition file I am using is the ORAS dataset from Copernicus Marine Services. The model fails in initialisation giving
"
FATAL: Could not find target coordinate 1014.3034000000000 in get_polynomial_coordinate. This is caused by an inconsistent interpolant (perhaps not monotonically increasing): 1014.3034000000000 NaN NaN
"

If I set the verbosity=9 and debug=true in MOM_input and get the following error:
"
FATAL: NaN detected: v Before steps forces%tau[xy]
"
does anyone know about this error

Do you have open boundaries in the ocean? Are you using MERGED_CONTINUITY in SIS2? I suggest
setting MERGED_CONTINUITY = False or else adding the OBC options to SIS_input too. That might
fix the tau[xy] troubles. I can't speak to the other issue.