Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Initialization for CMIP5 1%/year run for CESM1?

Camille013

Camille Hankel
Hi, I'm having trouble figuring out what initial conditions were used to start the 1%/CO2 increase per year ramping experiments of CMIP5, specifically the CESM1-CAM5 run. This link seems to suggest that this experiment was branched from year 20 of the piControl run, but when I plot the deep ocean temperatures of the first 20 years of piControl (again, CESM1-CAM5) and then the start of the 1%/year ramp, they are discontinuous.

Apologies if this isn't the right place to ask this question, but I'm not sure where else to look.

Camille

Solution
Hi, I'm having trouble figuring out what initial conditions were used to start the 1%/CO2 increase per year ramping experiments of CMIP5, specifically the CESM1-CAM5 run. This link seems to suggest that this experiment was branched from year 20 of the piControl run, but when I plot the deep ocean temperatures of the first 20 years of piControl (again, CESM1-CAM5) and then the start of the 1%/year ramp, they are discontinuous.

Apologies if this isn't the right place to ask this question, but I'm not sure where else to look.

Camille

The CESM1-CAM5_1pctCO2 run was started from year 232 of the piControl.

strandwg

Staff member

Camille

The CESM1-CAM5_1pctCO2 run was started from year 232 of the piControl.

Vote Upvote 0 Downvote
Solution