Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Initialize model to the year 1980

Sreerag

Sreerag
Dear all,
I'm new to CESM-CAM5, currently running a model with compset FC5. I want to initialise the model to the year 1980. How could I do that? In which I want a annual varying SST. Please help me to solve this. Also please comment about what initilization in 1980 actually means?
Thanks in advance
Sreerag

hannay

Cecile Hannay
AMWG Liaison
Staff member
The FC5 compset is cycling over a single year (basically the year 2000). It means you will be repeating the same year over and over.
I think you could use the compset FAMIPC5 instead of FC5. In this compset, you have year to year variability. The FAMIPC5 will start in 1979.

I am not sure what you mean by: "Also please comment about what initilization in 1980 actually means?". It means you will start your run in 1980.

Sreerag

Sreerag
Dear Cecile Hannay,
Thank you for your reply. The information delivered are so useful for my study.
Thankfully
Sreerag