Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Inputting own rain and snow in CLM4.5

harshanurag

I am doing some simulation experiments with CLM4.5 to study the effect of snow cover on ground frost depth. The model currently calculates the partioning of precipitation into rainfall and snowfall internally (in the datm model, from my understanding). I was wondering if there is any way I can input my own rainfall and snowfall in the model simulations? I am not able to find any atmospheric stream variable name which would allow me to direct the rainfall and snowfall input data to the datm model through the user_datm* stream files.

Any help regarding inputting own rain/snow data for CLM4.5 simulations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I think you would have to add those fields to the datm code itself. For example, for release-cesm2.1.3, you might start with cime/src/components/data_comps/datm/datm_comp_mod.F90 for the "CLMNCEP" case and use one of the existing stream variables as an example.