Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Is there carbon cycle in the ocean in CESM1.0

weit08@lzu_cn

Hi,

Is there carbon cycle in the ocean in CESM1.0?
What is the meaning of compset with BGC?
If there is carbon cycle in the ocean, then how can I input the emission of CO2 and get the result of concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere?

njn01

skywater said:
Hi,

Is there carbon cycle in the ocean in CESM1.0?

Yes. CESM1.0 enables the carbon cycle in the land, ocean, and atmosphere to be fully predicted, rather than being partially specified as in previous versions.

What is the meaning of compset with BGC?

The CESM1.0 User's Guide contains a table that includes explanations of the various CESM1.0 compsets. You can also run "create_newcase -list" from the scripts directory to view the list for the current version of CESM1

If there is carbon cycle in the ocean, then how can I input the emission of CO2 and get the result of concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere?

I don't know the answer to this question, but I will try to find out.

weit08@lzu_cn

ocean-model liaison, thank you very much!

If using compset B_1850-2000_BGC-BPRP , or other compset with BGC, means that the carbon cycle in ocean is turned on?

If not, how can I do when I use full active carbon cycle in CESM1.0?