Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Issue getting started

bendinej

Jenna
Hi,
I have been attempting to set-up the MOM6 source codes and have been following the “Getting Started” steps. I am running Ubuntu 20.04 via WSL on windows 10. I have run into a few issues:
1. When setting up the compiler environment on the “To build FMS library” step I got the error “static declaration of ‘gettid’
follows non-static declaration”. The variable is defined as static in the location: ~/MOM6-examples/src/FMS/affinity$ vi
affinity.c, but defined as extern in the gnu file: /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits$ vi unistd_ext.h
a. Please note that changing the “unistd_ext” file did fix the issue
2. On the step “"To create the Makefile for compiling MOM6:" I ran into the issue that there are two drivers missing. I get the
following messages:
a. find: ‘../../../../src/MOM6/config_src/dynamic/’: No such file or directory
1. I looked into src/MOM6/config_sr and verified that these folders do not exist
b. find: ‘../../../../src/MOM6/config_src/solo_driver/’: No such file or directory
1. I found the solo driver in src/MOM6/config_src/drivers/solo_driver/ but did not find the dynamic driver
Please let me know any steps that can be taken to reconcile these differences. Thank you so much!