Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Issues with Nitrogen Deposition files for standalone CAM

bmduran

Brandon Duran
What version of the code are you using?
cam6_3_138

Have you made any changes to files in the source tree?
Swapped COSP package from tag v2.1.4cesm to master branch to include new MODIS joint histogram diagnostics; corresponding changes to src/physics/cam/cospsimulator_intr.F90

Describe every step you took leading up to the problem:
I am testing a smaller scale version of the CAM6 PPE, using a newer version of CAM to incorporate changes to the COSP package. I used the script /glade/u/home/bduran/ppe/scripts/reduced.py to generate my case. I am using the nuopc driver, with stand-alone CAM and prescribed meteorology (horizonal wind nudging with MERRA2).

Describe your problem or question:
Model builds, but when attempting to run fails. The error can be traced to the atm log file, where the following error is displayed at the end of the log file:
stream ndep settings:

stream_ndep_data_filename = UNSET
stream_ndep_mesh_filename = /glade/campaign/cesm/cesmdata/inputdata/share/meshes/fv0.9x1.25_141008_polemod_ESMFmesh.nc
stream_varlist_ndep = NDEP_NHx_monthNDEP_NOy_month
stream_ndep_year_first = 2000
stream_ndep_year_last = 2000
stream_ndep_year_align = 1

ERROR: Failed to open UNSET to read

It looks like the cam6_4_024 tag may have addressed issues relating to ndep in simple models, but I am unsure if this fix is relevant to the above issue. Maybe updating to a newer tag > cam6_4_024 would solve this? Any insight would be appreciated!

Log file attached below, from directory /glade/derecho/scratch/bduran/git-ppe-v1.000/run001/

Attachments

• atm.log.6345566.desched1.241016-164421.txt
    417 KB · Views: 0