Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Issues With Porting Guide

heavens

I have been working through the porting guide. First, I have been successful at running the test MPI program, the X configuration, and the X configuration with machine-specific options. From there, I have run into two issues. The User's Guide tells me: "You will want to start with an X (i.e. commonly referred to as dead) compset running at a low resolution. So you could, for instance, start with an X compset at resolution f45_g37. This will allow you to determine whether all prerequisite software is in place and working for a simple parallel CESM configuration that requires minimal input data. Once that is working move to an A compset with resolution f45_g37. Once that’s working, run a B compset at resolution f45_g37. Finally when all the previous steps have run correctly, run your target compset and resolution." I started by trying an A configuration with this script.> ./create_newcase -case /data/no_backup/heavens/CESM/casedir/testA -res T31 -compset A -mach aimproc1I then receive: "ERROR: 2000_DATM%NYF_DLND%NULL_DICE%SSMI_DOCN%DOM_DROF%NYF_SGLC_SWAV  is not supported for  a%4x5_l%4x5_oi%gx3v7_r%r05_m%gx3v7_g%null_w%null" I then tried AWAV.> /create_newcase -case /data/no_backup/heavens/CESM/casedir/testA -res f45_g37 -compset AWAV -mach aimproc1 "grid longname is f45_g37 Component set: longname (shortname) (alias)   2000_DATM%WW3_DLND%NULL_DICE%COPY_DOCN%COPY_DROF%NULL_SGLC_WW3 (A2000_W) (AWAV) Component set Description:   DATM: DLND: DROF: DICE: DOCN: SGLC: WW3: present day: dlnd modes are DLND_SNO_MODE=NULL, DLND_MODE=NULL: NULL drof mode: dice mode is copy: docn copy mode: Grid:   a%4x5_l%4x5_oi%gx3v7_r%r05_m%gx3v7_g%null_w%null (4x5_gx3v7)   ATM_GRID = 4x5  NX_ATM=72 NY_ATM=46   LND_GRID = 4x5  NX_LND=72 NX_LND=46   ICE_GRID = gx3v7  NX_ICE=100 NX_ICE=116   OCN_GRID = gx3v7  NX_OCN=100 NX_OCN=116   ROF_GRID = r05  NX_ROF=720 NX_ROF=360   GLC_GRID = 4x5  NX_GLC=72 NX_GLC=46   WAV_GRID = null  NX_WAV=0 NX_WAV=0 Grid Description:   null is no grid: 4x5 is FV 4-deg grid: gx3v7 is Greenland pole v7 3-deg grid: r05 is 1/2 degree river routing grid: Non-Default Options:   ATM_NCPL: 48   BUDGETS: FALSE   CCSM_BGC: none   CCSM_CCOST: -3   CCSM_CO2_PPMV: 367.0   COMP_ATM: datm   COMP_GLC: sglc   COMP_ICE: dice   COMP_LND: dlnd   COMP_OCN: docn   COMP_ROF: drof   COMP_WAV: ww3   CPL_ALBAV: false   CPL_EPBAL: off   DATM_MODE: WW3   DATM_PRESAERO: none   DICE_MODE: copyall   DLND_MODE: NULL   DLND_SNO_MODE: NULL   DOCN_MODE: copyall   DROF_MODE: NULL   OCN_NCPL: $ATM_NCPL   OCN_TIGHT_COUPLING: FALSE   ROF_NCPL: $ATM_NCPL   SCIENCE_SUPPORT: NO   SSTICE_DATA_FILENAME: $DIN_LOC_ROOT/atm/cam/sst/sst_HadOIBl_bc_0.9x1.25_clim_c040926.nc   SSTICE_GRID_FILENAME: $DIN_LOC_ROOT/atm/cam/ocnfrac/domain.camocn.0.9x1.25_gx1v6_090403.nc  The PE layout for this case match these options:GRID =  a%4x5Creating /data/no_backup/heavens/CESM/casedir/testA cp: cannot stat `/data/no_backup/heavens/CESM/cesm1_2_2/models/wav/ww3/bld/*build*.csh': No such file or directoryERROR: cp -p /data/no_backup/heavens/CESM/cesm1_2_2/models/wav/ww3/bld/*build*.csh /data/no_backup/heavens/CESM/casedir/testA/Buildconf/. failed: 256" There is no ww3 directory in the release! Then I tried the first test case in Step 3.> ./create_test -testname ERS_D.f19_g16.X.aimproc1 -testid t01  "** Directory baselineroot does NOT exist (UNSET)" Has anyone encountered these problems? Found any workarounds? I am now going to try a bog standard B case (B_1850_CN at 0.9x1.25_gx1v6) in the hope that this functions.