Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

./manage_externals/checkout_externals

BELASOVIET PHOUTA

BELASOVIET
Hello everyone, I am a new CESM user. Now, I am trying to download cesm2.1.5 for setting up CLM5.0. During run the checkout_externals script, I got four message as shown in the attachment below.
I am so very grateful for your time!
Thank you!
Capture15.JPG

BELASOVIET PHOUTA

BELASOVIET
It looks like clone is out of sync. Did you do the following?

git clone -b release-cesm2.1.5 GitHub - ESCOMP/CESM: The Community Earth System Model my_cesm_sandbox
cd my_cesm_sandbox/
./manage_externals/checkout_externals

Please try removing your my_cesm_sandbox and try again.

Chris
Dear Chris,
Thank you for your help!
After I removed and tried again by following your recommend above. But I got some error commend again as shown in the image below. Do you have any recommendation about that? I will try to follow. Thank you !

Attachments

• Capture18.JPG
    Capture18.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 11

BELASOVIET PHOUTA

BELASOVIET
This time it looks like a network error when trying to clone cime. Is this repeatable?
Here's a couple of things you can try.

./manage_externals/checkout_externals -d
This will give you more debug information.

Then you can also try just cloning cime.
git clone -b cime5.6.49 GitHub - ESMCI/cime: Common Infrastructure for Modeling the Earth
Dear Chris,
After I have succeeded to clone the cime and then I tried to repeat the cesm's download again. but it's still error whit svn checkout as shown in the image below. Do have any suggestion for this problems?
I am so very grateful for your time!
Thank you!
belasoviet

Attachments

• Capture21.JPG
    Capture21.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 6