Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Model build failed with NCEPCFSv2 forcing

maruf2812

Montasir Maruf
I have built a clm model using cesm2.1.5. I want to use NCEPCFSv2 which I edited and saved in a directory. I have created user_datm.streams.txt.CLMCRUNCEP.Precip and other two namelist and saved in case directory and changed the datm mode in env_run.xml. Still the model build is failing.
Case directory: /glade/u/home/maruf/I2000Clm50BgcCrop_cfs_ensemble2

slevis

I looked at your case directory and corresponding run directory. The case did not get very far as far as I can tell because I do not see a log file with an error message. The lack of error message makes it difficult for me to guess the problem. So here is a suggestion:

I often suggest that users try a stepwise approach when changing the model. In this case, run with the default DATM inputs (GSWP3 or whatever comes up by default). Then change the years to what you want them to be (e.g. 1979-2023). Then copy the default DATM files to another location (e.g. /scratch) and try pointing to them there. Make sure all of that works before you replace the default DATM files with NCEPCFSv2 files. A stepwise approach helps you narrow down the source of any problem that you are troubleshooting.

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Good suggestion by @slevis . I took a look at the details here and I think you are missing this at the end of your user_datm.streams.txt.CLMCRUNCEP.* files:

</file>

The beginning of your files have:

<file id="stream" version="1.0">

and you need </file> to end that.