Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

model won't run past month 1??

ginah@udel_edu

Hi all,

I am having a problem with running cam on an ibm in parallel. I previously had things running fine however in my recent runs the model compiles and runs fine till the end of month one. Then it crashes with a segmentation fault. I tried writing mid month history tapes and that worked fine, the problem is always after the first month (nstep 2160) and has me baffled?

Has anyone else had a similar problem??

Thanks, Gina.

olson

which month are you starting the run? Are you asking for the model to dump monthly
initial conditions files? The reason I ask is there is a compiler bug on bluefire, bluevista
where the model seg faults at the point of writing information to build an initial conditions
file. A patch was put into cam3_5_45 to work around this problem. Alternatively, you can
put "inithist = 'none'" in the cam namelist and the model will not attempt to dump
any initial files.