Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

module purge

ntandon

Neil Tandon
In order to properly purge modules on my system, I have to use the --force argument, i.e.

module --force purge

Is there a way to tell config_machines.xml to pass the --force option to the module purge command? This will help prevent errors when I run create_test, as it seems that create_test generates errors whenever there is harmless output from the module command about replacing modules.

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I can't think of a way to get it to use the --force flag, but we have a workaround for the harmless output problem -
in your config_machines.xml In the <module_system> tag for your machine add the modifier allow_error="true":

<module_system type="module" allow_error="true">

If you really need the --force flag you can try modifying the purge command name as
<command name="--force purge"/>
but I haven't tested that and am not sure if it'll work.

ntandon

Neil Tandon
Thanks! <command name="--force purge"/> doesn't work (I had tried that before too, haha), but allow_error="true" resolves the issue.