Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

NaN error when running the CESM2_2

peterchu

cwc950106
Hi all,

When running the CESM2_2, compset B1850MOM, resolution f05t061, ESMF report an error that "PET1600 med_methods_mod.F90:2561 ERROR: 6 nans found in Foxx_evap". How can I debug this error?

Thanks

dbailey

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
You should write out frequent coupler history files for a start. So, HIST_OPTION = ndays, HIST_N = 1. Then you should be able to see where the NaNs are occurring. It seems to me there is likely a land/ocean mask mismatch here.

peterchu

cwc950106
You should write out frequent coupler history files for a start. So, HIST_OPTION = ndays, HIST_N = 1. Then you should be able to see where the NaNs are occurring. It seems to me there is likely a land/ocean mask mismatch here.
Yes, there is a grid mismatch between ocean grid and other component grids. It guess this problem might be caused by an error in tx0.66v1 grid SCRIP file. The longitude generated from this file ranges from -286 to 70. Is there any method to solve this problem?

dbailey

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I'm going to move this to the MOM forum and hopefully someone can address this there.

gmarques

Gustavo Marques
Staff member
We have discontinued the use of the t061 grid, as it has been surpassed by the t232 grid.
You will need a recent CESM tag to use the new grid:
Also, please be aware that we are actively developing the B1850MOM compset. It has not been scientifically validated and you will likely find issues when running this compset.

peterchu

cwc950106
Thank you. But where can I download the t232 grid and the corresponding grid and kmt file for CICE.
We have discontinued the use of the t061 grid, as it has been surpassed by the t232 grid.
Also, please be aware that we are actively developing the B1850MOM compset. It has not been scientifically validated and you will likely find issues when running this compset.

peterchu

cwc950106
And also the input data for MOM and CICE