Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

ncdata for compset FWsc2000climo and res ne60np4

Hi, I would like to run the FWsc2000climo compset for the ne60np4 grid, but the ncdata is not available for that resolution.
Which is the best way to create the missing ncdata file for this simulation?
Do I need to interpolate an existing ncdata, such as the ne30np4 one, to the ne60np4 resolution? or does exist an online method to do it through namelist option?

Thank you very much!

hannay

Cecile Hannay
AMWG Liaison
Staff member
Yes, you need to interpolate the ncdata. Unfortunately, this cannot be done on the fly. I will check with a couple of people here to see if they have a ne60np4 ic condition available.

patc

Patrick Callaghan
Hi Daniele,

There is not currently an online method available to interpolate the ncdata file you need. So the best
way is to first create an intermediate file by interpolating an existing file. It can be an FV file or existing SE
resolution and it will save some effort if the file you use has the same number of levels so you don't have
to interpolate vertically and horizontally. Once you create the intermediate file, it will not be in a balanced state,
so you should do a spin up run to create the final ncdata file to use in your simulations.

You will need SCIRP or ESMF files for horizontal input/output resolutions for ESMF_Regrid and if your levels
don't match you will need to run interpic to interpolate the vertical levels.

--> Patrick