Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

original kmt not equal to actual kmt when building B_1850-2000_WACCM_CN with CESM 1.0.6

Dear all,I am trying to build B_1850-2000_WACCM_CN out of the box, with a resolution of f19_g16.The model runs until it reaches the ocean component, at which point it crashes and outputs the following error in the ocn.log:Grid:   grid_nml namelist settings:  &GRID_NML HORIZ_GRID_OPT  = file                                                                                                                                                                                       $ VERT_GRID_OPT   = file                                                                                                                                                                                       $ TOPOGRAPHY_OPT  = file                                                                                                                                                                                       $ HORIZ_GRID_FILE = /home/ubelix/iap/eproedrou/CESM_106/inputdata/ocn/pop/gx1v6/grid/horiz_grid_20010402.ieeer8                                                                                                $ VERT_GRID_FILE  = /home/ubelix/iap/eproedrou/CESM_106/buildrun/1N1N/ocn/input/gx1v6_vert_grid                                                                                                                $ TOPOGRAPHY_FILE = /home/ubelix/iap/eproedrou/CESM_106/inputdata/ocn/pop/gx1v6/grid/topography_20090204.ieeei4                                                                                                $ TOPOGRAPHY_OUTFILE      = ./1N1N.pop.h.topography_bathymetry.ieeer8                                                                                                                                          $ BATHYMETRY_FILE = unknown_bathymetry                                                                                                                                                                         $ N_TOPO_SMOOTH   =           0, FLAT_BOTTOM     = F, LREMOVE_POINTS  = F, REGION_MASK_FILE        = /home/ubelix/iap/eproedrou/CESM_106/inputdata/ocn/pop/gx1v6/grid/region_mask_20090205.ieeei4                                                                                       $ REGION_INFO_FILE        = /home/ubelix/iap/eproedrou/CESM_106/buildrun/1N1N/ocn/input/gx1v6_region_ids                                                                                                       $ SFC_LAYER_OPT   = varthick                                                                                                                                                                                   $ PARTIAL_BOTTOM_CELLS    = F, BOTTOM_CELL_FILE        = unknown_bottom_cell                                                                                                                                                                $ KMT_KMIN        =           3 / Active Ocean blocks:  5 Reading topography from file:/home/ubelix/iap/eproedrou/CESM_106/inputdata/ocn/pop/gx1v6/grid/topography_20090204.ieeei4 init_overflows_kmt: KMT = ***** at global (i,j) =     5     9  changed to    35 init_overflows_kmt: KMT = ***** at global (i,j) =     6     9  changed to    35 init_overflows_kmt: KMT = ***** at global (i,j) =     7     9  changed to    35 init_overflows_kmt: KMT = ***** at global (i,j) =     8     9  changed to    35 init_overflows_kmt: KMT = ***** at global (i,j) =    38   349  changed to    37 init_overflows_kmt: KMT = ***** at global (i,j) =    38   350  changed to    37 init_overflows_kmt: KMT = ***** at global (i,j) =    38   351  changed to    37 init_overflows_kmt: KMT = ***** at global (i,j) =    19   370  changed to    32 init_overflows_kmt: KMT = ***** at global (i,j) =    19   371  changed to    32 init_overflows_kmt: KMT = ***** at global (i,j) =    19   372  changed to    32 init_overflows_kmt: kmt inconsistencies for  10 points original kmt not equal to actual kmt Does anyone know how thing issue can be solved? I would really appreciate any help you can offer,Beth