Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Output the variable about surface forcing of BC in snow in CLM5

zhangmeixin

mxzhang

zhangmeixin

mxzhang
I found that in SurfaceRadiationMod.F90:if use_snicar_frc=true, the the variable will be add to the master field. I already set "CLM_CONFIG_OPTS" value="-phys clm5_0 -snicar_frc on">But I don't konw why no output of SNOBCFRCL....1713532484274.png

slevis

In the case that you are running, you can look in the lnd_in file: is use_snicar_frc = .true. or .false.?

If .false., then you should set it to .true. in the case's user_nl_clm.

Last edited:

zhangmeixin

mxzhang
In the case that you are running, you can look in the lnd_in file: is use_snicar_frc = .true. or .false.?

Thanks for your reply! I check the lnd_in file and found there are no settings for “use_snicar_frc” in lnd_in file.
I will set use_snicar_frc = .true. in user_nl_clm and then try to run again.

zhangmeixin

mxzhang

After set “use_snicar_frc” =true, the variable ouput.
Thank you very much!!