Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Post partial output from failed run?

jskenigson

Jessica S Kenigson
I have a MOM6/cice run which is configured to output monthly mean data, and this run is failing midway through the month. For the purposes of debugging, I want to output data up to the point that the run is failing. Is there a way to configure this? Many thanks.

adcroft

Alistair Adcroft
There is a flag in the diag_manager namelist called flush_nc_file. It is deliberately not documented because it is not recommended to use. It can severely diminish performance and even thrash file systems. I suggest you save a restart not to far before the crash before turning this option on. See FMS/diag_data.F90 at main · NOAA-GFDL/FMS for the only comment about the flag.

Yes, you can adjust the output requested for both models to include daily or five-daily or whatever. In CESM, you can't just change the relevant files in the run directory - you have to change them in the respective mod directories.