Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Post-processing NEP and HR column data for a crop

knreddy

K Narender Reddy
Hi,
I am running a CLM5 model, and I have the NEP and HR variables written column-wise (meta-data), as shown in the document below.
I want to compare the site-scale NEP and HR observation data against the CLM5 data. The issue I have here is that NEP and HR are written column-wise, while GPP and NPP are pft-wise. I can extract the GPP and NPP for individual crops, but how do I extract the NEP and HR for the crops over the grid cell?
From my understanding, the column types of vegetation, crop, and crop-noncompete should contribute to the NEP and HR in the grid cell.

Should I sum up the contributions from these three column types, and that gives me the NEP and HR comparable with site-scale data?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Post_processing_NEP_HR.pdf
    37.3 KB · Views: 2