Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Prescribed ozone CAM4 error when continuing run

auestad

I'm running a perpetual CAM4 run with the namelist settings:

prescribed_ozone_fixed_ymd = 20000115
prescribed_ozone_type = 'FIXED'

I run the model successfully for 31 days, but when I continue running the model from the 2000-02-01, I get this error:

Opened existing file f.e20.F2000Nuopc.f09_f09_mg17.control.cam.rs.0001-02-01-00000.nc 9

FIND_TIMES: ALL data times are after 31.020833333333332

FIND_TIMES: file: ozone_1.9x2.5_L26_2000clim_c091112.nc

FIND_TIMES: time: 31.020833333333332

and the model crashes. What am I doing wrong where?

Thanks for the help!

peverley

Courtney Peverley
Looking at the namelist defaults, we're using the following namelist settings for this ozone file:

prescribed_ozone_type = 'CYCLICAL'
prescribed_ozone_cycle_year = 2000

Can you give that a try? (And remove your existing prescribed_ozone_fixed_ymd entry)
Courtney

auestad

Thanks for your answer!

I first ran the model without modifying the namelist (thus prescribed_ozone_type='CYCLICAL' and prescribed_ozone_cycle_year=2000) and it ran without problems. I did try actively setting

prescribed_ozone_type = 'CYCLICAL'
prescribed_ozone_cycle_year = 2000

but then I oddly enough receive the error message:

ERROR: trcdata_init: Cannot specify data_cycle_yr if data type is not CYCLICAL

Henrik

peverley

Courtney Peverley
Interesting. Are you setting any other tracers in the namelist? Can you attach your user_nl_cam file?

auestad

I do. So, for the run where I receive ERROR: trcdata_init: Cannot specify data_cycle_yr if data type is not CYCLICAL I use the attached namelist. When removing line 5:end in user_cam_namelist, it runs fine.

Attachments

• user_nl_cam.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 6