Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Problem related to "re-submit"

yangx2

xinyi yang
Hi everyone,
I am following the instruction from "2020 CESM TUTORIAL COURSEWORK" online.
After creating case (./create_newcase --case b.e20.B1850.f19_g17.test --compset B1850 --res f19_g17) and setup case, I did several changes by "./xmlchange "(shown below):
./xmlchange STOP_OPTION=nmonths
./xmlchange STOP_N=1
Then, building and submitting the case, all worked with no error. My practice is to produce total of 38 months. Since I have already run 1 month, I did several changes by "./xmlchange" (shown below):
./xmlchange STOP_N=37
./xmlchange CONTINUE_RUN=TRUE
After I building the case, it gets errors shown below:
ERROR: Missing required pointer_file /mnt/scratch/nfs_fs02/yangx2/b.day2.test/run/rpointer.ocn.restart ---has pop initial data been prestaged to /mnt/scratch/nfs_fs02/yangx2/b.day2.test/run?
Any hints would be helpful! Thanks in advance!
FYI, here shows CaseStatus:
*******************************************************************************************************************
2020-09-09 08:57:04: case.build success
---------------------------------------------------
2020-09-09 09:00:17: case.submit starting
2020-09-09 09:00:27: case.submit success case.run:10795794, case.st_archive:10795795
2020-09-09 09:02:58: xmlchange success <command> ./xmlchange CONTINUE_RUN=TRUE </command>
2020-09-09 09:03:32: xmlchange success <command> ./xmlchange STOP_N=37 </command>
2020-09-09 09:03:59: case.submit starting
2020-09-09 09:04:03: case.submit error
ERROR: Missing required pointer_file /mnt/scratch/nfs_fs02/yangx2/b.day2.test/run/rpointer.ocn.restart ---has pop initial data been prestaged to /mnt/scratch/nfs_fs02/yangx2/b.day2.test/run?
*******************************************************************************************************************
Best,
Skylar

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
The variable CONTINUE_RUN is intended to indicate that the initial run is complete and restart files are in place and should be used.
The user should (almost) never need to set this variable, it is automatically set when the initial run is completed. Please try again after setting
CONTINUE_RUN=FALSE.