Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

problems in running CESM1.0

hi,dear all

When i perfromed 'TestQYZ.generic_linux_intel.run', the errors were as following:

====================
CCSM_COMPSET=I_2000 (I)
COMP_ATM=datm
COMP_LND=clm
COMP_ICE=sice
COMP_GLC=sglc
COMP_OCN=socn
COMP_CPL=cpl
CCSM_LCOMPSET=I_2000
CCSM_SCOMPSET=I
COMP_INTERFACE=MCT
BUILD_COMPLETE=TRUE
SMP_BUILD=a0l0i0o0g0c0
SMP_VALUE=a0l0i0o0g0c0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
CCSM BUILDNML SCRIPT STARTING
- To prestage restarts, untar a restart.tar file into /data/teacher/songym/cesm1_0_1/excute/TestQYZ/run
- Create modelio namelist input files
CCSM BUILDNML SCRIPT HAS FINISHED SUCCESSFULLY
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
CCSM PRESTAGE SCRIPT STARTING
- CCSM input data directory, DIN_LOC_ROOT_CSMDATA, is /data/teacher/songym/cesm1_0_1/inputdata
- Case input data directory, DIN_LOC_ROOT, is /data/teacher/songym/cesm1_0_1/inputdata
- Checking the existence of input datasets in DIN_LOC_ROOT
CCSM PRESTAGE SCRIPT HAS FINISHED SUCCESSFULLY
rm: No match.
Tue Nov 23 15:10:01 CST 2010 -- CSM EXECUTION BEGINS HERE
Tue Nov 23 15:10:03 CST 2010 -- CSM EXECUTION HAS FINISHED
ls: No match.
Model did not complete - no cpl.log file present - exiting
=====================================

" no cpl.log file present "??? who can help me ?

Thanks very much

eaton

CSEG and Liaisons
Check to see whether there are log files from any of the other components, for example a successful run will also produce ccsm.log.*, atm.log.*, lnd.log.*, ice.log.*, and ocn.log.*, where the * is a timestamp string. There might be some info in one of these files if any of them were produced. Otherwise I would suspect that the job was not successfully launched by the mpi job launcher (mpirun or equivalent).