Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Problems with CLM3.5

I am trying to run CLM3.5 and I have problems with PBS that is used in run-script and the problems imerged with msrcp command. The error that appeared is this :

History tape 1 write frequency = 48
All fields on history tape 1 are grid averaged
Number of time samples on history tape 1 is 1
Output precision on history tape 1 = 2

Successfully initialized clm2 history files
------------------------------------------------------------
Successfully initialized the land model
begin initial run at:
nstep= 1 year= 2003 month= 1 day=
1 seconds= 1800

Attempting to set up atmospheric grid
(GETFIL): attempting to find local file 2003-01.nc
/bin/cp: cannot stat `/mnt/skiron5/chrispana/CLM3.5/inputdata/lnd/clm2/NCEPDATA.Qian.T62.c051024/2003-01.nc': No such file or directory
(shr_file_get) rcode =256 cmd = /bin/cp -f /mnt/skiron5/chrispana/CLM3.5/inputdata/lnd/clm2/NCEPDATA.Qian.T62.c051024/2003-01.nc 2003-01.nc
(GETFIL): failed getting file from full path:
/mnt/skiron5/chrispana/CLM3.5/inputdata/lnd/clm2/NCEPDATA.Qian.T62.c051024/2003-01.nc
ENDRUN:
GETFIL: FAILED to get /mnt/skiron5/chrispana/CLM3.5/inputdata/lnd/clm2/NCEPDATA.Qian.T62.c051024/2003-01.nc
[0] MPI Abort by user Aborting program !
[0] Aborting program!
p0_10040: p4_error: : 1

Any suggestions

Thanks............

slevis

The error message says:
"[...] 2003-01.nc': No such file or directory [...]"
Are you sure the file is visible to the model?

If it is, then you are probably running on a platform where the msrcp or cp command will not work, and you need to make changes to get it to work on your platform.

Sam Levis

Thanks very much, I run the dump thing yesterday and I am very happy. I want to ask you something. CLM3.5 is a very new version and user and technical documentation is not available. I want to add all the biochemistry in the model carbon, nitrogen, and iron cycles and I do not know to add these output variables to model output run.

Thanks...