Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

problems with running the configure -mach $mach

Dear all,

I want to setup the CCSM 3.0 on a linux cluster (AMD) and started some days ago - so I am not totally familiar with all scripts inside CCSM, but I am familiar with setting up other GCMs on different machines.

There is a strange problem after creating the case and trying to build the model. By running the configure, everything seems to be ok, but building up and compiling, I can see, that the Makefile of one of the sudirectories did not match the flags of the macros.Linux File - other sub-directories do :confused: : So, I compiled successfully $case/lib but not $case/mct ? eg. the $INCLUDE is empty ...

output of the mct.buildlib.*-*:

Output Variables: {CC=cc} {ALLCFLAGS=-DFORTRAN_UNDERSCORE_ -O} {FPP=cpp} {FPPFLAGS=-P -C -N -traditional} {FC=pgf90} {F90=pgf90} {FCFLAGS=} {F90FLAGS=}
{MACHDEFS=-DSYSLINUX -DCPRPGI} {OPT=-O2} {REAL8=-r8} {BIT64=-pc 64} {ENDIAN=-byteswapio} {MPIF90=mpif90} {MPILIBS=} {MPIHEADER=} {INCLUDEFLAG=-I} {INCLU
DEPATH=} {AR=ar cq} {prefix=NONE}

Do you have got an Idea? It would be great! All the best and thanks for your help in advance,
cheers TIm