Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Processor settings....... CCSM 3.0

Hi all,

I'm trying to execute CCSM 3.0. I have compiled it successfully though.
I'm running it on a Linux Cluster without a queuing system installed and need help in setting the number of processors. Can anybody please tell me how to change the number of processor settings? Is it within the run script or is it inside the model? Thanks!

hi karthik
you can change processor related settings in env_mach.$MACH in your case directory and dont forget to compile the model again (setbuild true) after changing the ntasks..... btw congrats on compiling on linux cluster i couldn't...can you tell me the compiler that you are using and briefly changes that you have done...have you done changes at places other than macros??..

regards,
Suvarchal

karthik23 said:
Hi all,

I'm trying to execute CCSM 3.0. I have compiled it successfully though.
I'm running it on a Linux Cluster without a queuing system installed and need help in setting the number of processors. Can anybody please tell me how to change the number of processor settings? Is it within the run script or is it inside the model? Thanks!