Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Question about adding new reactions in chem_mech.in

Paul

Hello everyone,
I'm using FC2010climo CESM2.1.3. I added some new reactions in chem_mech.in, but I'm confused about where I should put these reactions in this file.
When I checked the source code of rate_diags.F90, I found it "call set_rates()" before outputting the individual tagged rates. And the subroutine set_rates deals with the rate in the order of the original reaction.
So if I add new reactions in the middle of the chem_mech.in, will it affect the correct output of the reaction rates?
Thanks in advance!

rrbuchholz

Rebecca Buchholz
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Paul,
It does not matter where reactions are added in the reaction list.
From L. Emmons:
The subroutine set_rates is created by the preprocessor and creates new indexes for the new mechanism.
The main code uses the labels for each reaction (at the left side of each reaction in square brackets), not the numbered indexes, if a specific reaction needs to be referred to (for example for output).
Best,
Rebecca