Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Question about the dry deposition velocity

Paul

Hello everyone,
I'm usinig the FC2010climo compset under CESM2.1 and do some research with the dry deposition velocity (depvel) of some gas species. The CAM6 and CLM5 are both active in this compset, and I'm a little confused about the calculation of the depvel. The mo_drydep.F90 in CAM seems only calculate the depvel in ocn&ice and merged with the land component. But I can't find the source of lnd(lchnk)%dvel in CAM6. Does the depvel in land is calculated in the DryDepVelocity.F90 in CLM and passed data to the atm through the subroutine in cime_comp_mod.F90?
I really appreciate any help!

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I should know this offhand but I don't and I won't be able to look at it until the middle of next week. So I would post this in the CAM-Chem Forum and you may get a quicker answer. I think you are right that depvel is calculated in DryDepVelocity and then passed to the atm through the coupler...I see the following in lnd_import_export.F90 within subroutine lnd_export (which " Convert the data to be sent from the clm model to the coupler"):

! for dry dep velocities
if (index_l2x_Sl_ddvel /= 0 ) then
l2x(index_l2x_Sl_ddvel:index_l2x_Sl_ddvel+n_drydep-1,i) = &
lnd2atm_inst%ddvel_grc(g,:n_drydep)
end if