Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

rcp scenario

khj

Parisa
Hi all;
I have a question regarding the rcp scenario.
I was told that the CESM2.2 model does not support RCP scenarios. Unfortunately, for my project work, I need to run the model with RCP. But I installed the model with Docker, which is version 2.2. I tried a lot before to install the model normally, but unfortunately it didn't work. Now I have a few questions, thank you for your help:
1. Which version of the CESM model supports the RCP scenario?
2. Does this version have a container?
3. Unfortunately, I did not see a site that has a comprehensive guide on how to run and configure the model as RCP. Thank you for your guidance regarding the run of the model and its settings in the model.

Best regards;
Parisa

khj

Parisa
Dear Strandwg;
Thank you for your answer.
I apologize for the questions and the continuation, but the CESM model is very attractive and, on the other hand, very challenging.
My first question is, is there a container that includes RCP?
And the next question is in the namelist of the model, should any settings be made to run RCP?

liuxynj

xiying liu
I noticed that there is a case named BRCP85L45BGCR in CESM2.2. What is the difference between BRCP85L45BGCR and CESM2-CMPI5 then? Does BRCP85L45BGCR use new forcings?