Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Restart CESM1 Large Ensemble B1850LENS compset from tag cesm1_1_2_LENS_n21

jenkay

Jennifer Kay
Hello,

We are trying to restart simulations using the CESM1 Large Ensemble code base on Cheyenne. We are working with https://svn-ccsm-models.cgd.ucar.edu/cesm1/exp_tags/cesm1_1_2_LENS_n21/. Unfortunately, when we run ./cesm_setup we get a number of errors that look related to our compiler or environment. They include: "The following modules are unknown: "mpt/2.19"", "These modules exist but cannot be loaded as requested: "pnetcdf/1.11.1".

Do you have any advice for how to restart these CESM1 Large Ensemble simulations on Cheyenne? We are working with a large university allocation that expires in August 2022 and would like to get these runs restarted and extended as soon as we can.

Thanks so much,
Jen Kay and Nicola Maher (University of Colorado)

apauling

Andrew Pauling
Hi Jen,

I just ran into the same issue trying to restart using the LENS compset and realized it was because I was logged into Casper rather than Cheyenne. Logging out and logging into Cheyenne fixed it for me.

Andrew

jenkay

Jennifer Kay
Thanks so much Andrew - Really appreciate it!! That is indeed what the problem was - We were copying restarts from /glade and were therefore logged into Capser instead of Cheyenne. (oops!). Lesson learned :).