Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Restart files for DECK 2-degree piControl?

bcash@gmu_edu

Hello,

I am looking for restart files from the DECK 2-degree piControl so that I can test for sensitivity to initial state in my analysis. I found some initial dates here: /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/cesm2_init/b.e20.B1850.f19_g17.release_cesm2_1_0.020/

But there are only three start dates in that directory. Are there more restart files available from the different runs available elsewhere?

Thanks!

strandwg

Staff member
Hello,

I am looking for restart files from the DECK 2-degree piControl so that I can test for sensitivity to initial state in my analysis. I found some initial dates here: /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/cesm2_init/b.e20.B1850.f19_g17.release_cesm2_1_0.020/

But there are only three start dates in that directory. Are there more restart files available from the different runs available elsewhere?

Thanks!

The restarts from b.e21.B1850.f19_g17.CMIP6-piControl-2deg.001 are available on campaign storage (accessible from casper) at

/glade/campaign/collections/cmip/CMIP6/restarts/b.e21.B1850.f19_g17.CMIP6-piControl-2deg.001

bcash@gmu_edu

@strandwg - Could you also point me to the history files for that same runs so that I am sure I am making a direct comparison? Are they the files here?
/glade/work/cmip6/cases/DECK_2deg/b.e21.B1850.f19_g17.CMIP6-piControl-2deg.001

strandwg

Staff member
@strandwg - Could you also point me to the history files for that same runs so that I am sure I am making a direct comparison? Are they the files here?
/glade/work/cmip6/cases/DECK_2deg/b.e21.B1850.f19_g17.CMIP6-piControl-2deg.001

That's the CASEROOT for that run.

We don't keep history files but the data from that run have been transposed into timeseries format. They are located at

/glade/campaign/collections/cmip/CMIP6/timeseries-cmip6/b.e21.B1850.f19_g17.CMIP6-piControl-2deg.001

bcash@gmu_edu

Thanks again. :) Another question - the RUN_REFCASE for that run is:
RUN_REFCASE: b.e20.B1850.f19_g17.release_cesm2_1_0.020

which causes a conflict with those restart files unless I update it to:
RUN_REFCASE: b.e21.B1850.f19_g17.CMIP6-piControl-2deg.001

I just want to be sure that change is fine and not indicative of an incompatibility of some kind.