Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Restart files for FWHIST, CESM 2.1.5, around 2015

Christophe D

Christophe Durand
Dear community,
I would like to run a simulation with the compset FWHIST, CESM2.1.5 , to study a phenomenon starting in 2019. The default restart file start in 1979, and I was wondering :
- Is there a restart file I could use around 2015 for this model, or could someone provide it ? It would save a lot of unnecessary spin-up computation.
- Can I use the restart file of the compset but from CESM 2.0 which start in 2000 instead without any issue ?

Thank you,

Best regards,
Christophe D.

hannay

Cecile Hannay
AMWG Liaison
Staff member
By default, I believe that the FWHIST forcing is stopping in 2015. You would need to modify the forcing files to run after 2015. You could use files coming from the SSP scenario.
PS: I am moving this thread to the WACCM forum.

Christophe D

Christophe Durand
Thank you for your help and for moving this thread where it belongs.
Sorry for being unclear : for now my objective is to get a starting state in 2015, with the smallest spinup possible. The default starting date is in 1979. I ended up using a restart from 2010 from the FWsc compset, with the following line in the user_ncl_clm : use_init_interp = true.
For 2015 and later, I'll present your welcome suggestion to my supervisor.