Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

run CAM-chem alone

ohmpawat

ohmpawat chen
Hi, if I want to run CAM-chem alone, what should I do? There are many compsets containing CAM-chem. However, they also couple other models. So if I only run CAM-chem, what should I do to cancel the couple? Thanks for help! Please hlp me. PLEASE!

zhangwenqi

Wenqi Zhang

Hi ohmpawat​

Maybe you choose the compset : F2010climo. The atmosphere, land and river off process are actived, which is obligatory. But other modes (ocean, sea ice et al) are data-provided.

Thanks
Wenqi Zhang, IAP

ohmpawat

ohmpawat chen

Hi ohmpawat​

Maybe you choose the compset : F2010climo. The atmosphere, land and river off process are actived, which is obligatory. But other modes (ocean, sea ice et al) are data-provided.

Thanks
Wenqi Zhang, IAP
Thanks a lot! I will try it!

anushree

However, does the compset use CAM-chem? I searched the compset on the website and found that it use CAM not CAM-chem.
Hi,
Why dont you use FCHIST?
CAM compset is FHIST.
CAM-chem compset always has a 'C' like FCHIST.'C' stands for chemistry for troposphere and stratosphere.
This should give you a big clue.
Thanks,
Anushree

ohmpawat

ohmpawat chen
Hi,
Why dont you use FCHIST?
CAM compset is FHIST.
CAM-chem compset always has a 'C' like FCHIST.'C' stands for chemistry for troposphere and stratosphere.
This should give you a big clue.
Thanks,
Anushree
I have tried FCHIST,. However, I can't run it successfully. Besides, FCHIST has many models which will use a lot of compute rescources.

anushree

I have tried FCHIST,. However, I can't run it successfully. Besides, FCHIST has many models which will use a lot of compute rescources.
Cam/CAM-Chem is always run with CLM(Land model).You cant cut it out.
You have to choose the compset based on the objective of your experiment.
I am assuming you want interactive tropospheric chemistry.If yes then go with CAM-chem.