Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

run with prescribed SST

minimax

minimax
Hi Everyone,

I would like to run cesm with prescribed sst like "f2000climo". However, I want to use the sst file averaged for the period 1971-2000 for my simulations. I have already prepared SST file.
Is it enough for me or do I need to change something else (average also other files for this period)?

Thank you and sorry for my stupid question!)

hannay

Cecile Hannay
AMWG Liaison
Staff member
To answer your question, I would need more info how you prepared the SST file. Did you prepare the SST files using the SSTs used in the AMIP runs? CAM needs to have all the variables you had in the f2000climo. Make sure that the variables date and time are consistent with your compset.

minimax

minimax
To answer your question, I would need more info how you prepared the SST file. Did you prepare the SST files using the SSTs used in the AMIP runs? CAM needs to have all the variables you had in the f2000climo. Make sure that the variables date and time are consistent with your compset.
Dear Cecile,

Yes, I used SST data from the Merged Hadley-NOAA/OI Sea Surface Temperature & Sea Ice Concentration, which I interpolated, averaged over the period 1971-2000, and prepared as input to CESM. I see that I need to download other datasets for this period. What is the best way to do this?

thank you!

minimax

minimax
Dear Cecile,

Yes, I used SST data from the Merged Hadley-NOAA/OI Sea Surface Temperature & Sea Ice Concentration, which I interpolated, averaged over the period 1971-2000, and prepared as input to CESM. I see that I need to download other datasets for this period. What is the best way to do this?

thank you!
My plan is to make three simulations with different prescribed SST for the Atlantic Ocean, first control simulations (averaged SST for the Atlantic for 1971-2000), others - minimum SST (-3K to control simulations) and maximum SST (+3K to control simulations) simulations. What do you recommend?

Thank you!

minimax

minimax
I've already done it for the "F2000climo" (averaging between 1995 and 2005), but I don't know how to do it for my case (1971-2000).