Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Running CLM offline for a particular year

Now I have a real noob question.

If I want to run CLM offline for say 2003 using the I4804 compset . What are the things I need to change to make sure I am actually providing correct atm forcing data for the year 2003 run.

I know I must change the start_ymd in drv_in . I must als specify how many years I need to run.

I am confused about the datm_atm_in stream data namelist. Should I change year_align in the stream data :
from - clm_qian.T62.stream.Solar.txt 1 1948 2004 to clm_qian.T62.stream.Solar.txt 1948 1948 2004 ?

Is there any other change I must to to make sure this offline run is correct ?

Thank you

erik

Erik Kluzek
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Raj

First of all check this part of the manual out...

http://www.cesm.ucar.edu/models/cesm1.0/clm/models/lnd/clm/doc/UsersGuide/x1427.html#other_config

running with CLM_QIAN forcing you use DATM_CLMNCEP_YR_START, DATM_CLMNCEP_YR_END, DATM_CLMNCEP_YR_ALIGN to control which years the forcing data is run over. If running over JUST 2003 you want them to be 2003. You'll also want to set the CCSM_CO2 level to an appropriate level for 2003 (the default is probably close enough), and if running with CN you'll want to tell the Nitrogen-deposition to run for 2003.

See the *_ndep variables in the namelist-definition file for CLM

http://www.cesm.ucar.edu/models/ces...lm/bld/namelist_files/namelist_definition.xml

such as...

stream_year_first_ndep

As you pointed out you want your STARTDATE to be 2003-01-01 and you'll want to run for just a year.

Thanks for the reply,

I have read through the User's guide before , so for running the Qian et al 1948-2004 data over the year 2003

I should have :
DATM_CLMNCEP_YR_START - 1948
DATM_CLMNCEP_YR_END - 2004
DATM_CLMNCEP_YR_ALIGN- 2003

With other changes to the Co2 conc. and changes in the drv_in namelist.
Thank You,
Raj