Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Running on Bluevista

Greetings,

Using bash shell: /usr/local/bin/bash

I have compiled my CAM3_1 version on Bluevista but cannot submit it using LSF. I am having a problem using the run-ibm.csh script from the ./models/atm/cam/bld/ directory.

At this line:
mpirun.lsf $blddir/cam < namelist || echo "CAM run failed" && exit 1
I am getting the following error:
mpirun.lsf: LSF_PJL_TYPE is undefined. Exit ...

This leads me to believe there is something missing from my bashrc file. However, I read that the LSF environment is setup automatically regardless of the shell login scripts you are using. I checked my LSF environment using the following command:

scapps@bv1103en:/homebv/scapps/CAM3_1/exp/som/1pdf/T85$ env | grep -i lsf

Here is the output:
XLSF_UIDDIR=/usr/local/lsf/6.2/aix5-64/lib/uid
LSF_SERVERDIR=/usr/local/lsf/6.2/aix5-64/etc
LSF_BINDIR=/usr/local/lsf/6.2/aix5-64/bin
LSF_LIBDIR=/usr/local/lsf/6.2/aix5-64/lib
LSF_ENVDIR=/usr/local/lsf/conf
PATH=./:/home/bluevista/scapps/sh:/home/bluevista/scapps/bin/AIX:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/
usr/lpp/xlf/lib:/usr/lpp/xlf/bin:/usr/lpp/X11/bin:/usr/vac/bin:/usr/vacpp/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:
/usr/bin/X11:/usr/local/ncarg/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/ssg/loadl/bin:/usr/local/lsf/6.2/aix5-64/bin

Does anyone have sample bashrc and LSF scripts I can look at which run on Bluevista?

Any help is appreciated!

Scott