Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Salinity output from the PlioMIP project

I am a grad student at George Mason University, working on a thesis project that makes use of mid-Pliocene ocean data. I recently read the submitted paper for the PlioMIP project, and wondered if any of the model output was archived online? Specifically, I was curious about the salinity data (or more specifically the relationship between SST and SSS in the North Atlantic).Thank you,
Peter

nanr

Hi Peter:  You can download the CCSM4 Pliocene files on the NCAR Earth System grid (www.earthsystemgrid.org; Model:  CCSM4;  Project: PMIP3; Experiment: PlioExp2a).  The variables you want are SOS (SSS), and tos (SST).  You can also get the files from the PCMDI ESGF site (http://pcmdi9.llnl.gov/esgf-web-fe/). use the same search criteria to find the simulation. Nan