Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

scripts_regression_tests.py failing with Error: Type mismatch between actual argument at (1) and actual argument at (2) (INTEGER(4)/LOGICAL(4)).

AshaJain

Asha Jain
Hello!
I am new to CIME and CESM and am trying to port CIME/CESM to my Mac (running macOS 12.1). I am running into issues during the setup process with `scripts_regression_tests.py` failing with `Error: Type mismatch between actual argument at (1) and actual argument at (2) (INTEGER(4)/LOGICAL(4)).` and similar errors across 18 different tests. This is preventing me from running the consistency tests and moving forward.
Attached are the main files I use.
The compilers installed on my machine are GCC 11.2.0_3.
I am using `-fallow-mismatch-arguments` flag in the `FCFLAGS` and `FFLAGS` environment variables. These variables are set in the bash environment and in the environment variables section of config_machine.xml for the `homebrew` machine. However, this did not appear to work. I also noticed that the tests are using mipf90 to compile even though I specified gnu in the machine config XML file (see an example in test_errors.txt). Could this explain why the tests are failing? If so, why is GNU as specified in the config_machines.xml not being picked up and how can I ensure that GNU is being used to compile these files?

Thank you in advance!
AJ

Attachments

• version_info.txt
    6.9 KB · Views: 2
  • config_machines.txt
    117.3 KB · Views: 3
  • test_errors.txt
    8.1 KB · Views: 1
  • config_compilers.txt
    43.5 KB · Views: 4

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Please try cesm2.1 (release) or cesm2.3 (development) cesm2.2 is an orphan and I don't recommend it. As far as mpif90 - if you do
mpif90 --version you should find that it is your gnu compiler.

AshaJain

Asha Jain
Hello, I checked-out and pulled cesm2.1.0. However, I am still running into the same problem. Any other ideas as to what I could be doing wrong?

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
There were major changes in the gnu compiler after version 9 that haven't been backported to the cesm2.1 release.
Either try 2.3 or use an older gnu compiler version. (gnu/9.4.0 should work)