Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Setting up a paleo f09g16 run (i.e. with altered ocean grid and coupler mapping files).

nick

Herold
Hi everyone, I've recently been trying to set up an f09g16 run for paleo and am consistently running into "inconsistency between land fraction and sea ice fraction" errors. These inconsistencies are huge (i.e. the total sums to less than 50% in some cases) and so adjusting tolerances isn't an option. I've read several forum posts on this error but none seem to apply to my case.
I've set up f19g16 runs with alternate grids but the same procedure seems to cause problems when using the 0.9x1.25 atmosphere. I've tried both the "fv0.9x1.25_070727.nc" and "0.9x1.25_c110307.nc" atm grid files when creating my coupler files (the latter has corrected latitude ranges), but to no avail.
If someone has successfully set up an f09g16 run on a different ocean grid and has it running I'd be interested to hear about your experience. I'm thinking at the moment that the options for creating my grid may be causing mapping problems at run time, but none of my coupler mapping files have any visible errors.This is all being done with CESM1.0.5 using the ccsm3/ccsm4 tools.
Cheers
Nick.