Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Setting up a spin up for 2003 meteorology

HazelMooney

Hazel Mooney
How to set spin up for 2003 in CESM2.1/CLM4.5

I am aiming to run CLM making changes to land cover and BVOC emissions potentials for vegetation. I specifically want to look at this in the year 2003.
I am using the compset IHistClm45SpGs

Firstly, can anybody link me to the best guidance on how to set up a spin up in the model?
Secondly, to spin up for the year 2003, would i need to change something in the model settings to request 2003 to be read every year of the spin up period?

Thanks in advance

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Information on spinup can be found in the User's Guide (unfortunately, a recent update appears to have made the figures disappear, but the text is intact). This is for CLM5 SP, while yours is CLM45 SP, but the procedure should be similar:

The data forcing years can be manipulated using the DATM_* variables in the env_run.xml in your case directory.