Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

(shr_stream_verifyTCoord) ERROR: calendar dates must be increasing

tjimma

dear all,

I am new to CESM and its component models, I tried to follow tutorials from the land models component (for the case I2000ClmSp) and created the case, set it up, and built it successfully. When I submit the case I face a runtime error of the following:

[0] ERROR: (shr_stream_verifyTCoord) ERROR: calendar dates must be increasing
[0] Image PC Routine Line Source
[0] libifcoremt.so.5 00007FC077342DCB tracebackqq_ Unknown Unknown
[0] cesm.exe 0000000001215B89 shr_abort_mod_mp_ 114 shr_abort_mod.F90
[0] cesm.exe 000000000137CB9A shr_stream_mod_mp 3039 shr_stream_mod.F90

after going through the log files, I noticed the model crashes while streaming at atm. I have used clm forcing data from GSWP3 directly downloaded from ftp.cgd.ucar.edu but there seems to be an issue with: clmforc.GSWP3.c2011.0.5x0.5.Solr.2001-01.nc, clmforc.GSWP3.c2011.0.5x0.5.Prec.2000-12.nc, clmforc.GSWP3.c2011.0.5x0.5.TPQWL.2000-12.nc, and clmforc.GSWP3.c2011.0.5x0.5.TPQWL.2001-01.nc.

I thought it could be incomplete data download and redownloaded it again but the issue persists. Here I have attached the log and stream files. anyone kindly help me to solve the issue? thanks

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I don't see any log files attached. You'll have to change them to *.txt files.

tjimma

I don't see any log files attached. You'll have to change them to *.txt files.
dear Oleson,

thanks for your swift response. sorry about the attachments, I have attached them here. thanks again.

Attachments

• atm_log.txt
    11.7 KB · Views: 12
  • cesm_log.txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 7
  • cpl_log.txt
    41.5 KB · Views: 4

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
The problem might be associated with your aerosol deposition file. Take a look at the file pointed to in:

datm.streams.txt.presaero.clim_2000

I wonder if it is incomplete and needs to be downloaded again.

tjimma

The problem might be associated with your aerosol deposition file. Take a look at the file pointed to in:

datm.streams.txt.presaero.clim_2000

I wonder if it is incomplete and needs to be downloaded again.
dear Oleson,

problem solved! thank you very much. The data wasn't completed. I am wondering how you debug it, I was looking for any error message pointing to that file in the logs but i found none.

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
From experience I know that the next file to be read in is the aerosol deposition file, so the error messages you got pertain to that file. There was also a clue in the error message:

(shr_stream_verifyTCoord) date(n), date(n+1) = 19640616 18490101

18490101 is the start date of the data in the aerosol deposition file.