Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

(shr_sys_abort) ERROR: (shr_mct_sMatReaddnc)NetCDF: Unknown file format

I am not exactly sure if this is the correct forum for this issue, but I have been attempting to port CESM1.2.2 into Summit, the new supercomputer at the University of Colorado. I have been able to get the model to compile and build properly using the 'userdefined' machine setting, compset F_2000_CAM5, and the f19_f19 resolution, but I am running into an issue while the model is initializing during simulation runs. The error message in the cesm.log file which shows up says, MCT::m_Router::initp_: GSMap indices not increasing...Will correctMCT::m_Router::initp_: RGSMap indices not increasing...Will correctMCT::m_Router::initp_: RGSMap indices not increasing...Will correctMCT::m_Router::initp_: GSMap indices not increasing...Will correct Failed to open file /scratch/summit/cesm/inputdata/(shr_sys_abort) ERROR: (shr_mct_sMatReaddnc)NetCDF: Unknown file format(shr_sys_abort) WARNING: calling shr_mpi_abort() and stopping application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1001) - process 0 I have never seen an error like this before so I'd be very greatful for any information on how to fix this!Thanks,Chris Maloney