Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

[SLOVED & CLOSED]porting failure,ERROR: buildlib.mct failed

lilchgs@163_com

Hello Experts,I am failing on porting cesm to a new machine, AGAIN.This time I was building the CESM 1.2.0 on PGI 16.5  with  mpich-3.1.4, netcdf-4.4.0,netcdf-fortran-4.4.4, and parallel-netcdf-1.7.0(Because as a rookie,I really don't know what is the necessary netcdf , so I installed them all )The bashrc is attached in the end of the text.And all this are under my own account, (i am not the root)Then after ./test01.build, an error shown up.In the test01/mct/config.log , there shows'/usr/bin/ld: release: No such file: No such file or directory'.The config.log file and the mct.bldlog are attached in the end. It seems that the ld program is for GNU, what caused it has been used here ? And What should I do to slove that?Thank you all=================================================================================================THIS IS A LINUX ROOIKE PROBLEM. IN THE env build.xml, THE "id="OS"   VALUE="CeniOS 6.5 release" " , shoule be "CeniOS_6.5_release".